Pages

Search SMS

The Importance of Focus


The Importance of Focus,Why Is Success Important?






Why Is Success Important?

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about what SUCCESS means to me, and I’ve been surprised by what I’ve been learning about myself. In addition, I’ve taking a good close look at how much of my day I actually spend with my primary FOCUS on doing what it takes to achieve success.

My definition of SUCCESS seems to be constantly evloving, espeically now that I have been starting to ask people like you how they define success. But before I get onto that a little bit about what I mean by FOCUS.

The Importance of Focus

In my experience teaching children (and adults) martial arts over the last 17 years, one of the first lessons that I always start with is how to focus. When students have focus I can teach them just about anything, in time.

As a first step, focus is about learning how to listen, but not just listening with your ears. Real focus requires the use of your ears, your eyes, your body and your mind. It sounds too simple, so if you want to put it to the test, try and drive a car or ride a bike using just one element of focus… just don’t tell anyone who attends the scene of the crash what I suggested…

These four elements alone are incredibly valuable in learning new skills or creating new habits. But in order to achieve the results you want as quickly as possible, your focus (thoughts and actions) must move through 4 important stages. The longer you sit in the first 2 stages especially, the slower the journey.

    Single isolated thoughts and actions
    Multiple islotated thoughts and actions
    Streaming thoughts and actions
    Manifestation of the desired result (SUCCESS)

These 4 stages are based on something I read recently from a great book by Brendan Nichols “How to be Rich Working 2 Days a Week”. If you own a business this is a must read!

What Success Means to Me

For me, success is about taking the necessary actions to constantly move forward towards a desired result. The level of my focus determines the speed at which I achieve my desired result. Sometimes it’s slow, sometimes it’s fast. For me, success is more in the journey than the results, so I can be happy and fulfilled as long as I’m not going backwards.

But I also realise that if I am going to leave this lifetime with the level of success that I desire, my definition of success needs to change.

My Current Success Focus

At present, my success focus is to develop several passive income streams and free up my time from menial tasks so that I have the capacity to retire by the end of this year (2009). Not that I’m not planning on retiring just yet though, I still have too much to do in this lifetime.

Being wealthy is not the end result, but a means for me to work towards living my life’s purpose on the largest possible scale and sharing what I have learned with other people like you, so that you can start living your ultimate life right now.

A few months ago my brother retired… and he currently earns considerably more working a few hours a month than he ever did working full-time. While I’m very jealous, it’s also a great thing becuase I know it is possible for just about anyone including me! My path will be a little different to his, but I am confident that my goal is realistic as I have access to some great learning materials and some great coaches to help guide me. I can’t wait!

My Success Coaches

I have a number of success coaches. Some teach me what to do, some teach me what not to do, some I work very closely with, others I have never spoken to, but they speak to me often.  Regardless of my relationships, they are all very valuable to my ongoing success. Here are a few of my key coaches.

    Sandra (my wife)
    Jennie Armato (my online business success coach)
    Mike Noonan, Sensei – An incredible martial artist and successful entrepreneur
    Soke Sensei (Tsuyoshi Chitose, 2nd Generation) – Supreme instrctor of Chito-Ryu Karate-do

Final Words

I want to learn about you:

    How do you define success?
    What’s your current Success Focus (Goal)?
    Who are your success coaches?

If you’ve taken the time to read this far, please take the time to leave a comment!

I look forward to sharing more ideas, some from me and some from my various success coaches whom help me achieve success in various aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment