Pages

Search SMS

Hurt Quotes


Hurt Quotes, Hurt Sms, Hurt text messages, Hurtful Quotes

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
Mother Teresa

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Dalai Lama

A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
Abraham Lincoln

I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.
Angelina Jolie

Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don't let yourself believe it will happen to you.
Muhammad Ali

I don't have nothing to regret at all in the past, except that I might've unintentionally hurt somebody else or something.
Jimi Hendrix

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire

You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.
Lewis B. Smedes

Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.
Marilyn Monroe

Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
Mahatma Gandhi

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Charles M. Schulz

I have never been hurt by what I have not said.
Calvin Coolidge

The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized - never knowing.
Jim Rohn

Two things scare me. The first is getting hurt. But that's not nearly as scary as the second, which is losing.
Lance Armstrong

A stiff apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
Satchel Paige

Strength of character means the ability to overcome resentment against others, to hide hurt feelings, and to forgive quickly.
Lawrence G. Lovasik

Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all.
Ovid

There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.
Erma Bombeck

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Airplanes may kill you, but they ain't likely to hurt you.
Satchel Paige

Being a child at home alone in the summer is a high-risk occupation. If you call your mother at work thirteen times an hour, she can hurt you.
Erma Bombeck

Forgive those who have hurt you.
Les Brown

Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.
Joan Lunden

Honesty is the cruelest game of all, because not only can you hurt someone - and hurt them to the bone - you can feel self-righteous about it at the same time.
Dave Van Ronk

Cruelty would be delicious if one could only find some sort of cruelty that didn't really hurt.
George Bernard Shaw

Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody.
Mark Twain

Research has shown that a barren environment is much more damaging to baby animals than it is to adult animals. It does not hurt the adult animals the same way it damages babies.
Temple Grandin

If you're in trouble, or hurt or need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.
John Steinbeck

Hurt leads to bitterness, bitterness to anger, travel too far that road and the way is lost.
Terry Brooks


Sometimes you trust someone who turns out not to be honest. There are a lot of things that happen in life that don't turn out the way you're given the impression that they will. And I think that's all kind of a con. But I think we've probably all been hurt.
Sigourney Weaver

But when I lose my temper, I find it difficult to forgive myself. I feel I've failed. I can be calm in a crisis, in the face of death or things that hurt badly. I don't get hysterical, which may be masochistic of me.
Emma Thompson

I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don't have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn't pawn this off on anybody. I'm sorry it happened. And I hurt people.
Louie Anderson

One of my sensory problems was hearing sensitivity, where certain loud noises, such as a school bell, hurt my ears. It sounded like a dentist drill going through my ears.
Temple Grandin

Accept that all of us can be hurt, that all of us can and surely will at times fail. Other vulnerabilities, like being embarrassed or risking love, can be terrifying, too. I think we should follow a simple rule: if we can take the worst, take the risk.
Joyce Brothers

Although a man may wear fine clothing, if he lives peacefully; and is good, self-possessed, has faith and is pure; and if he does not hurt any living being, he is a holy man.
Denis Diderot

To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn't hurt.
Olivia Newton-John

And fifth, we will champion small businesses, America's engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.
Mitt Romney

There's not a thing that any of you guys can say bad about me that would hurt my feelings... I'm not coming at you, what I'm saying is that, I'm willing to take that heat for my team, if we're playing well or if we're not playing well.
Vince Carter

If I fell down and hurt myself, I never cried. There was no one to hear me.
Louise Fletcher

Make yourself an example, achieve it, but don't hurt anyone on the way up. I don't think I did that.
Dawn Fraser

When the Negro cries with pain from his deep hurt and lays his petition for elemental justice before the nation, he is calling upon the American people to kindle about that crucible of race relationships the fires of American faith.
Mordecai Wyatt Johnson

I wonder if that's hurt me at the box office. Maybe audiences these days want to know exactly what to expect when they go into a movie, and my movies are hard to explain in just one way.
Paul Mazursky

None of this was written to hurt anybody's feelings.
Ric Flair

You mean guys don't get injured in spring training? Guys get hurt walking down the street.
Bud Selig

I never got hurt when I was in Morocco doing all the horse riding and my own stunts. But on the last day on the last shot I slid off my horse and landed on my bottom. I did not get hurt but it was very embarrassing.
Oded Fehr

When I was twenty-two it was a lot harder to get hurt by women. It was easier for me to, you know, cheat on a girlfriend. I can't lie like that anymore.
Matt Dillon

If anybody says their facelift doesn't hurt, they're lying. It was like I'd spent the night with an axe murderer.
Sharon Osbourne

Well, when I think of steroids I think of an image. You have the advantage over someone, which is a form of cheating. I guess it wouldn't be right unless it was legal for everybody. Reason it's not legal for everybody is because it can hurt people seriously.
Evander Holyfield

I like the fact that we have all the teams in the tournament. When I first got here as an assistant, not everyone made the tournament and I think as a coach, you look at it from a job security standpoint, I think that hurt when you didn't have everybody in the tournament.
Tim Buckley

I would never do anything to hurt anybody, especially if they're helping me. I'm not that kind of person.
Billy Preston

I don't think you want to hurt businesses that are making $250,000 or $500,000. Those are the real people who created the opportunity to put people to work.
Richard Hanna


The Muslim world is deeply hurt by the campaign of violence initiated against our Palestinian brothers.
Ahmet Necdet Sezner

I bet some of you feel sorry for me. Well don't. Having an artificial leg has its advantages. I've broken my right knee many times and it doesn't hurt a bit.
Terry Fox

Now that we are cool, he said, and regret that we hurt each other, I am not sorry that it happened.
William Henry Hudson

I'm not trying to say that it never hurt or that I never felt its sting, but I can honestly say that I never blamed anybody for racism. I have considered it more of a manifestation of humanity's problem rather than my personal problem.
Robert Guillaume

Unfortunately, our history has abundant examples of patriotism being used to hurt those who express views in disagreement with that of the majority.
Vic Snyder

Let me say what I actually believe. I believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy, by Al Qaeda, and Osama Bin Laden, and no one else trying to hurt America.
Van Jones

But beyond the hysteria of phantom death panels, where is the abomination? Show me the provisions that will hurt consumers, because if you think a $110 billion a year tax break for working-class Americans to buy private health insurance is a government takeover, I welcome the debate.
Jim McDermott

George W. Bush has helped those who have most, hurt those who have least and ignored everyone in between.
Wesley Clark

If I ever loved a woman, the more I loved her, the more I wanted to hurt her. Frida was only the most obvious victim of this disgusting trait.
Diego Rivera

Between now and then and I just felt it was ready and it was a long enough period gone by. I obviously didn't want to hurt anybody, you know. It was done out of a genuine memorial or tribute whatever you want to call it.
Jack Bruce

It scares you: all the noise, the rattling, the shaking. But the look on everybody's face when you're finished and packing, it's the best smile in the world; and there's nobody hurt, and the well's under control.
Red Adair

Our ships, God be thanked, have received little hurt.
John Hawkins

Everything I was feeling, all the hurt and the pain and the emotion I was going through, I put into my music.
Keith Sweat

The bottom line is these techniques have hurt our image around the world, the damage they have done to our interests far outweighed whatever benefit they gave us and they are not essential to our national security.
Dennis C. Blair

He carried his childhood like a hurt warm bird held to his middle-aged breast.
Herbert Gold

I never want to hurt anyone on the ice. That's not the type of player I am.
Carl Hagelin

You want to play in every game, and you especially don't want to be in the penalty box for five minutes and give the other team a chance to get a power play, and you don't want to hurt anyone on the other team.
Carl Hagelin

That was my one big Hollywood hit, but, in a way, it hurt my picture career. After that, I was typecast as a lion, and there just weren't many parts for lions.
Bert Lahr

Regrets and recriminations only hurt your soul.
Armand Hammer

Volleyball is a Jewish sport. It's fun, and nobody can get hurt.
Gail Parent

Usually when I wielded a hockey stick, it meant somebody was going to get hurt. This is just a friendly match.
Stan Mikita

I never felt that getting angry would do you any good other than hurt your own digestion, keep you from eating, which I liked to do.
Septima Clark

The worst thing that we could do is raises taxes. It would only hurt the economy.
Dan Bartlett

Though bitter, good medicine cures illness. Though it may hurt, loyal criticism will have beneficial effects.
Sima Qian

Perhaps my information hurt the Soviet Union more than it helped. I have no idea. It was not something I ever discussed with the KGB officers that I was dealing with.
Aldrich Ames

I've never been hurt by a sea creature, except for jellyfish and sea urchins.
Peter Benchley

I definitely feel, when I'm wearing the costume, that I could scare people and hurt them.
Joan Severance

Although Dorothy in Blue Velvet was humiliated and hurt by men, basically I could react to how she felt.
Isabella Rossellini

And some people, you've got to lock up. If you don't, they're going to hurt you.
Judge Mills Lane

I have not intended to denigrate or hurt the beliefs of anyone through my art.
M. F. Husain

When people say negative things or speculate, you can't help but feel hurt.
Ann Curry

Everybody gets too drunk sometimes; and even if everybody didn't, I have gotten too drunk sometimes. I haven't hurt anybody. In Ireland we drink a lot. It's part of our culture. I like drinking. I don't think it's a bad thing.
Andrea Corr

I saw how, when my brother smoked reefer, it made my mother cry. He was 16 at the time. And I saw that she broke down and cried. I never wanted to hurt my mother, so I kept away from drugs.
Ving Rhames

That's one of those things that will really hurt me personally, if I label a character or think about what it might do if it were to do well. I just try to do a good job with it.
Luke Wilson

I used the diabetes as my weapon. Of course, I was only hurting myself and making myself sicker, but I guess it was something I had to go through. I never went overboard so much that I really hurt myself, but my early teenage years were very tough.
Dana Hill

It can't hurt, publicity is publicity, controversy and all that, it's all good.
Keith David

I'd never do a film that would hurt anyone's sentiments, be it Indian or not.
Akshay Kumar

I've often talked about that, and I've been asked that a couple of times and my feeling are that if you have a good show, a bad host will not even hurt the show.
Wink Martindale

I can't remember a time where I really battled with my body, but I can remember being asked to lose weight and battling with the advice. It hurt me. Especially as my baby fat naturally melted away as I got older.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley


A nice pair of Jimmy Choos never hurt anyone.
Kristin Chenoweth

The bore is usually considered a harmless creature, or of that class of irrationa bipeds who hurt only themselves.
Maria Edgeworth

Sometimes to realize you were well, someone must come along and hurt you.
Perry Farrell

After Richmond, we went to Dover and tested that week at Kentucky. I was going to Dover and we had to get the trainer to meet us at the airport. I had to do some therapy on my ribs they hurt so bad.
Sterling Marlin

These rejections hurt me terribly because I felt it was my life that was being rejected.
Edmund White

I didn't get hurt in the contest. I hurt it the next day.
Jimmy Piersall

No more doth it hurt to say that the body and blood are not in the sacrament.
William Tyndale

Most Americans are more concerned about the economy and job creation. And they can't understand why the Obama administration or the Democrat majority in Congress wants to pass a bill like the cap-and-trade tax that will cost us jobs, that will hurt our economy, that will drive up costs for families, as well as for small businesses.
Haley Barbour

The point is, when you have a chance to have a big adventure, especially if, like in your case, it doesn't hurt anyone, it's just plain foolish not to take it.
Mink Stole

It hurt me a great deal. It put a lot of pressure on me because I was at a young age and the writers around here and throughout the league starting comparing me to Cobb. It put a lot of pressure on me.
Al Kaline

I mean, I would never want to do anything to hurt my family, but then again I would never want to do anything to hurt myself. And I think they go hand in hand.
Lauren Bush

I just banged it a little bit on a helmet. And you know, if you get your throwing motion and momentum going at a helmet it makes it hurt a little more and it freaks everybody out because it's your throwing shoulder, but honestly, it feels great.
Mark Sanchez

Failure and things of this sort - you can take it one of two ways. You can either let that hurt you and really affect the way that you live your life in the future, or you can use that as an opportunity for growth.
Matt Emmons

A lot of times, people feel that if they forgive the person who hurt them, then they will continue to take advantage of them or not take responsibility for what they did wrong.
Joyce Meyer

I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important - like a league game or something.
Dick Butkus

Of what use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings?
Diogenes of Sinope

The human heart dares not stay away too long from that which hurt it most. There is a return journey to anguish that few of us are released from making.
Lillian Smith

I don't hurt or want for visibility, but people seem to forget pretty easily.
Gary Coleman

There were so many stories about Bing's daughter living in sin. We weren't hurting anyone. We were living in love. I couldn't understand why people were trying to hurt us and hurt our families.
Mary Crosby

I don't go to clubs and stuff like that, so I don't have to put up with it in there. And normally, because obviously I could hurt somebody, and if I look at it that way, I have to back off.
Bubba Smith

We went to dinner and healed the wounds, at least to a certain degree. But I hope he understands the hurt he did to me. He put the boot into a pal and I don't think you should do that.
Ian St. John

When not deeply engaged in creative activities, or numbed out by the TV, I felt empty. My heart hurt. I often felt hollow or as if I were some sort of wispy ghost, barely existing.
Judith Wright

I'm not executing my pitches. I'm not commanding my fastball, and I get behind in the count. When I try to throw strikes, I'm getting hurt. That's not the way I pitch.
Johan Santana

I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you.
Ann Richards

I suppose everyone tells little white lies. Quite often they're necessary to make someone feel better or prevent feelings from being hurt. Whoppers? No, that's dangerous and they'll boomerang.
Richard Chamberlain

Over-reliance on strictly economic justifications has already begun to hurt the quality and range of education at every level of American life.
Charles Vest

They thought we were going to hurt the game, but we just wanted to help ourselves, because the players needed to get together to protect their interests.
Ted Lindsay

One day I woke up with an atrocious hangover, and it hurt so badly that I told myself, 'It's time to stop. I can't do it anymore. It's not good. It hurts too much.'
Jordan Knight

A good old rodeo never hurt anyone.
Taylor Kitsch

A person who publishes a book willfully appears before the populace with his pants down. If it is a good book nothing can hurt him. If it is a bad book nothing can help him.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

I understand why some kid in his bedroom in Wisconsin thinks downloading songs couldn't hurt anyone. True fans will buy the CD or go see the movie after downloading, but to say it doesn't affect anyone - come on.
Rob Zombie

The only albatross is the hurt you divine from what people say about your art.
Stephen Stills

Coming down under a parachute is quite different as well. You hit the ground pretty hard, but all the systems work very well to keep it from hurting, so it doesn't even hurt when you hit. It was a great experience to be able to do both.
Leroy Chiao

I had to wait a while to get the scans back but it shows nothing in terms of needing surgery which is good. I hurt my AC joint and I just need to strengthen it. There is an outside chance to start training by the end of this week and if not than the start of next week.
Claudio Reyna

The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault.
Ty Cobb

I wanted to be able to play guitar. I wanted to be able to make music hurt.
Alexis Korner

Children, if they haven't been introduced to foods by the time they're 3 years old, are afraid of it, as if it would hurt them. They don't really get out of that until they're 6 or 7 - it's a safety mechanism, and you're not going to win.
Tyler Florence

A child understands fear, and the hurt and hate it brings.
Nadine Gordimer

You can't listen to what people who aren't musical have to say. When Anytime was released, I had bad reviews, and at first I was hurt. Your songs are like your children. You don't want to hear, 'Your kid is ugly.' But I knew the record was good and it would sell.
Brian McKnight


It slaps your dignity just right. I loved the idea of these proud, dignified black men, and I saw the older ones wounded, and it wounded me ten times as much because I couldn't stand seeing them hurt like this.
Quincy Jones

If I thought I had hurt my chances of winning another major just because I was chasing money around, I'd wind up kicking myself.
Mike Weir

We feel that what's too far is when you make a joke and somebody gets hurt.
Bobby Farrelly

My objective was to have as varied a selection of roles as possible. It probably did hurt my career.
Stacy Keach

I don't like to hurt people, I really don't like it at all. But in order to get a red light at the intersection, you sometimes have to have an accident.
Jack Anderson

I want to hit him, step away and watch him hurt. I want his heart.
Joe Frazier

When you can't remember why you're hurt, that's when you're healed.
Jane Fonda

This is someone who has a very stringent morality, and believes the system works, and has been deeply, deeply disappointed, and hurt, by it. You know, so she's in a very different place in life.
Julianne Moore

'Through the times I've gone through the last couple of weeks - and I'm still trying to help a friend - I got attacked pretty hard through the media, and it hurt and it was devastating, but I really found out who was with me and who was there for me.
Michael Irvin

And so I put down some of the things that he said, about keeping your tools sharpened and not letting them lie on the ground where they get hurt or get abused and dirty and can't find them. And some thoughts about how his father used to do things.
Bruce Nauman

If we do nothing, as the Republicans suggest, we're going to see health care costs reach a point where small businesses can't afford it and families can't afford it. We're going to see people turned down from pre-existing conditions. We're going to find the Medicare doughnut hole - a gap in coverage that's going to hurt a lot of seniors.
Dick Durbin

The thing is, when we do fight scenes, when we kill people in the movies, they bring in experts to choreograph it bit by bit, because you can't really kill someone, and you don't want to really hurt them.
Annabella Sciorra

I never hurt anybody in this business, ever.
Sean Young

You generally hear that what a man doesn't know doesn't hurt him, but in business what a man doesn't know does hurt.
Gerald Brenan

Programs that pay farmers not to farm often devastate rural areas. The reductions hurt everyone from fertilizer companies to tractor salesmen.
Dick Armey

I don't know if she should worry too much, I mean some of our greatest writers have had movies made of their books, lots of Hemingway novels were turned into movies, it doesn't hurt the book.
Paul Auster

The body is an inviolable limit. And you have to really hurt it before you know that.
Peter Coyote

Nobody is that thick-skinned that it doesn't hurt you. Still, you always know what happens in football. I have got used to criticism, I suppose, having been high profile with England and Man U.
Bryan Robson

Lorna was quite young when her mother died, and I think she's blocked out some of the memories. I talked to her a little bit about that, but I wasn't prepared to go around and poke and hurt her.
Judy Davis

And it is this sense that some of us have to contribute to the culture, to the society in ways that may hurt financially, so what? We do it because we are born to do it, we feel we have no other choice and so be it.
Gunther Schuller

The reason we are doing these types of pat downs and using the advanced imagery technology is trying to take the latest intelligence and how we know al Qaeda and affiliates want to hurt us, they want to bring down whether it is passenger air craft or cargo aircraft.
John Pistole

The first day I walked into prison, and he slammed that door, I knew the magnitude of the decision that I made, and the poor judgment, and what I allowed to happen to the animals. And, you know, it's no way of explaining the hurt and the guilt that I felt. And that was the reason I cried so many nights.
Michael Vick

I don't think teams play this game to hurt other guys. I don't think that's the story. We don't play this game to hurt one another.
Michael Vick

My goal has always been to play golf, and play it well. In the end, that's what I am, a golfer. If my back lets me, I'm going to play my favorite places. If I hurt myself, that'll probably be it for a while.
Fred Couples

I always hated my mole growing up. I even thought about having it removed. At the time I didn't do it because I thought it would hurt, and now I'm glad I didn't.
Niki Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment